Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by harald <su...@rainyday.de> on 2015/08/14 12:07:11 UTC

Update of own features // SMX4.5.3

Hello all,

we have features-xyz.xml/1.0.0 with a feature called ABC which we initially deployed with version 1.0.0. After registering (features:addurl) we can install and uninstall the feature without providing a version information. If we upgrade to features-xyz.xml/1.1.0 which updates the feature ABC to 1.1.0 we need to provide a version information. Than we remove the old features-xyz.xml/1.0.0 (removeurl) and we did expect that we can now be sure that SMX only knows about the one registered version. But this is not the case, SMX complains about multiple versions installed when I try to uninstall the ABC/1.1.0 feature and lists 1.1.0 AND 1.0.0 !?!

Is this a known issue in SMX 4.5.3?
Did I miss something in the documentation?
Is there an easy way to let SMX forget the old version information?

Removing the cache folder is not an option because, as far as I understand, all custom features have to be reregistered and loaded.

We prepare to upgrade to SMX 6.0.0, so if this is an issue with 4.5.3 I can live with that. And we are currently using some scripts for install/uninstall which provides version by default. So my problem is reduce to the point where we do it manually.

Thanks in advance for any hint,
harald

Re: Update of own features // SMX4.5.3

Posted by harald <su...@rainyday.de>.
Hi Krzysztof,
yes, we did remove the feature before removing the repository.
regards,
harald

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harald