Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Salter <da...@me.com> on 2013/03/25 18:22:50 UTC

Hi - I'd like to help out.

Hi,

I'm interested in helping out with TomEE / OpenEJB and was hoping I could be of help to the project.  I've been developing in Java EE for about 10 years, so hopefully I can help out.

I've had a problem deploying a war file which got solved over in the User Forum (http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Problem-deploying-war-file-td4661699.html), but I'm wondering if this could be enhanced and whether I should create a JIRA for it.

The issue is that when you do a mvn tomee:deploy, you need to pass a full path name for the artifact to deploy to TomEE - a relative path name does not work.

I've got a "fix" for this, so you can pass either a full or relative path name for the artifact to deploy.  Do you think this is an issue that needs resolving and that I should create an issue for?

If not, where would be the best place to start looking for "beginners" bugs to fix.

Thanks,

Dave.

Re: Hi - I'd like to help out.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
There is an online edit (blue pen on doc) which should be easier

Re: Hi - I'd like to help out.

Posted by David Salter <da...@me.com>.
Yes, I can help with docs also.

Re: Hi - I'd like to help out.