Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/22 15:57:12 UTC

[shale] need translation with the locale usecase?

Hi!

I see on the shale usecases webapp that there are plans to include a
multi-locales example and french seems to be the language to be targeted
(from the text on the index.jsp page). So anyway I just wanted to let you
know that if you need help with the translation, I'll be glad to help
because french is my native language :)

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: [shale] need translation with the locale usecase?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Done! Rahul, I would be glad to help in the future. I am quite busy for the
moment but maybe if you can give me some pointers to things you need to
translate, I can work on it during my spare time.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 11/22/05, Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I see on the shale usecases webapp that there are plans to include a
> multi-locales example and french seems to be the language to be targeted
> (from the text on the index.jsp page). So anyway I just wanted to let you
> know that if you need help with the translation, I'll be glad to help
> because french is my native language :)

Help with the translations would be great! All you would need to do is
provide a "Bundle_fr.properties" file with the appropriate French
translations for all of the message keys, and I can check it in ... the
magic of Java's resource bundles will do the rest of the work for us.

As Rahul suggests, filing an RFE with the issue tracking system:

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

and then adding your new file as an attachment, is the best way to deal with
things like this.

--
> Alexandre Poitras
> Québec, Canada

Craig

Re: [shale] need translation with the locale usecase?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 11/22/05, Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoops I mean french seems to be targeted alongside german and spanish.
> Anyway, if you need help, you can ask me.

<snip/>

Hi Alexandre -

Usually, help is welcome. A popular place to start translation
efforts, with the assumption that l10n has been effective, is the
resource bundles. Since you mentioned the usecases app, I'd see value
in adding a Bundle_fr.properties as a sibling of the usecases
Bundle.properties [1]. I'd approach this by filing an enhancement
request with such a properties file.

I don't mean to distract you from Shale, but I am involved in another
project at Apache that has a lot more than one bundle to translate, if
you'd like to help ;-)

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/shale/trunk/use-cases/src/java/org/apache/shale/usecases/view/Bundle.properties

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.