Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/28 02:34:57 UTC

Re: How to get ignite context (Ignite) in servlet web app

Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications? Here is the instruction:

anas4120 wrote
> I need to access ignite from webapp application (servlet). How can I do
> that ?

You should start a client node within your application using
Ignition.start() method. You can then use Ignite instance it returns to
access the cluster. See [1] for information about how to start servers and
clients.

Another option is to use ServletContextListenerStartup [2] and configure it
as a servlet context listener. It will start Ignite instance during the
application startup. To acquire this instance in the application code, use
Ignition.ignite() method.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers
[2]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.5.0.final/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/startup/servlet/ServletContextListenerStartup.html