Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mark Recio <re...@web-pros.com> on 1998/05/06 18:08:04 UTC

general/2193: Images being served in an inconsistant manor

>Number:         2193
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Images being served in an inconsistant manor
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
All images will load either fully, or partialy. If the images load partialy (bottoms of the images will be cut off with a black or grey bar)
clearing the browser cache & reloading will fix the problem.

We have seen this on many versions of IE from 3.X-4.X and from Netscape 2.X-4.X for both the mac and windows platforms.

Coppying an offending image to a different file name, and then loading that file sometimes yields a good image, sometimes not.

Server has 192 meg of ram, 4 gig etc. I have 4 httpds that have 1 site each on them, and another that has aprox 55.
That, /IS/ the problem. It is /very/ sporadic. A url u can test is http://www.convey-it.com/images/bk/products-bk.gif
>Fix:
I can't get anyone to acknoledge the problem! =)