Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Christian Dahlberg <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2017/01/30 17:22:09 UTC

pdf and word document doesnt look like it should

Greetings.

As seen on the title I have a problem when I open a pdf or word program in open office. I have your latest product and the pdf extension.

What shall I do. Please help me, I want the document to look exactly like the original´.

Best regards, Christian Dahlberg

Re: pdf and word document doesnt look like it should

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 21:11:09 +1100
Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM> wrote:

> On 31/01/17 4:22 AM, Christian Dahlberg wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >

> > As seen on the title I have a problem when I open a pdf or word program in open office. I have your latest product and the pdf extension.
>
> A PDF file looks the best in a PDF viewer, a word document looks the
> best in the program which created the
> original document. Opening it in any other program requires a conversion
> which is never 100%
> >

> > What shall I do. Please help me, I want the document to look exactly like the original´.
>
> See
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4053&start=30#p338562
> and https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=29251#p369286
>

> > Best regards, Christian Dahlberg

In addition to what Martin has said about using a dedicated PDF viewer, the pdf file should be made using the PDF/A-1a option, so that the exact fonts are embedded in the pdf file.  Otherwise the pdf viewer, if it cannot find the exact fonts needed, will substitute closest fit fonts, which are not the fonts used in the original.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: pdf and word document doesnt look like it should

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.