Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by bmidgley <bm...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 21:46:35 UTC

readers vs. document create

Hi

A pure couch app can't currently hide the _users database and at the same
time allow creates in this db. I had hoped I could put only _admin group in
the readers list and then use a document create, possibly through an update
handler for creating users.

The docs make it sound like this should be possible, but I get access
denied. Is a fix in the works? It's not practical to open up the whole users
db in a pure couch app.

Brad

Re: readers vs. document create

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Nov 22, 2011, at 21:46 , bmidgley wrote:

> Hi
>
> A pure couch app can't currently hide the _users database and at the same
> time allow creates in this db. I had hoped I could put only _admin group in
> the readers list and then use a document create, possibly through an update
> handler for creating users.
>
> The docs make it sound like this should be possible, but I get access
> denied. Is a fix in the works? It's not practical to open up the whole users
> db in a pure couch app.

We are looking to address this for the 1.2.x release.

Cheers
Jan