Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joseph Panico <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/05 22:11:57 UTC

Upload component very slow on file uploads-- feature request 679655

Howard,

I was looking at this feature request and I see that you folded some Peter's
changes into 2.4. But you mentioned that there were some problems with
DefaultMultipartDecoder. I've  dropped the files that Peter provided into
the 2.3 release and it seems to be working.

Can you tell me what the problems were?

thanks

Joseph Panico
joe_panico@hotmail.com

RE: Upload component very slow on file uploads-- feature request 679655

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
We should take another look at this; basically, my test suite failed and I
didn't want to go into a big side-track to figure out exactly why.  By
cutting back on some of the changes, but keeping the extra buffering
streams, it worked properly and probably gets the performance improvement.

I'm in the middle of renaming net.sf.* to org.apache.* right now so I don't
want to get sidetracked.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components