Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by rcbandit <pe...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/01 22:15:25 UTC

Re: Karaf is not working with Java 8u40 b15

UPDATE: Also with Java 8u16 it's not working. Is there any manual way to fix
the issue?

Re: Karaf is not working with Java 8u40 b15

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
AFAIK you need to make sure to use the Oracle JDK
This is no issue of Karaf. So please make sure you do as mentioned before.
We are no supporting crew for Oracle or OpenJDK JDK issues.

Thanks

> Any update on this issue?

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Karaf is not working with Java 8u40 b15

Posted by rcbandit <pe...@gmail.com>.
Any update on this issue?

Re: Karaf is not working with Java 8u40 b15

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I think I find something with OpenJDK, let me double check and get back
to you.

Regards
JB

On 12/01/2014 10:15 PM, rcbandit wrote:
> UPDATE: Also with Java 8u16 it's not working. Is there any manual way to fix
> the issue?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf is not working with Java 8u40 b15

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
The only workaround is to switch to Oracle JDK instead of OpenJDK. It
looks like a regression in OpenJDK. I try to find a workaround.

It works fine with 1.8.0_20 from Oracle.

Regards
JB

On 12/01/2014 10:15 PM, rcbandit wrote:
> UPDATE: Also with Java 8u16 it's not working. Is there any manual way to fix
> the issue?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net