Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mona Wong-Barnum <mo...@eggshell.ucsd.edu> on 2002/08/07 02:32:22 UTC

PARSE error & SAXParseException

Hi:

	In starting my tomcat 4.0.4, I get the following entry in the
catalina.out file:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
PARSE error at line 1 column 1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root element is required in a well-formed
document.
PARSE error at line 1 column 1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root element is required in a well-formed
document.

	I have no idea what is causing this error or how to fix it.  Any help is
appreciated!

Thanks,

Mona

Mona Wong-Barnum
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://ncmir.ucsd.edu/

"The truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off"
				A Landmark instructor

Re: PARSE error & SAXParseException

Posted by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com>.
My guess is that it can't find the server.xml file. Check your
CATALINA_HOME, and CATALINA_BASE if defined. They should point to the
directory where tomcat 4 is installed.

David