Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Vikash Talanki -X (vtalanki - INFOSYS LIMITED at Cisco)" <vt...@cisco.com> on 2014/08/15 03:29:15 UTC

Sqoop Certifcation

Hi All,

I am looking to do a certification on sqoop. Please let me know if anything is available.
Your suggestions/references are highly appreciated.

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg]

Vikash Talanki
Engineer - Software
vtalanki@cisco.com
Phone: +1 (408)838 4078

Cisco Systems Limited
SJ-J 3
255 W Tasman Dr
San Jose
CA - 95134
United States
Cisco.com<http://www.cisco.com/>

[Think before you print.]Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

RE: Sqoop Certifcation

Posted by Sean Franks <se...@gmail.com>.
If you go to Amazon and have a Kindle, you can get the book for under $10 US, and it’s co-written by one of this forums frequent contributors.  This in no way is an endorsement of the book.

Signature0001

Sean Franks

“With the addition of a well structured Big Data ecosystem to the Data Highway of an enterprise, Business Intelligence analytics will take a quantum leap forward.”

There's no certification specific to Sqoop, although Cloudera's dev and admin certifications require some Sqoop knowledge.

If you are interested in mastering Sqoop, you can start with  O'Reilly's Sqoop book: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029519.do

Gwen

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Vikash Talanki -X (vtalanki - INFOSYS LIMITED at Cisco) <vt...@cisco.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking to do a certification on sqoop. Please let me know if anything is available.

Your suggestions/references are highly appreciated.

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg

Vikash Talanki
Engineer - Software
vtalanki@cisco.com
Phone: +1 (408)838 4078 <tel:%2B1%20%28408%29838%204078>

Cisco Systems Limited
SJ-J 3
255 W Tasman Dr
San Jose
CA – 95134
United States
 <http://www.cisco.com/> Cisco.com

 <http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

Re: Sqoop Certifcation

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

RE: Sqoop Certifcation

Posted by "Sambit Tripathy (RBEI/PJ-NBS)" <Sa...@in.bosch.com>.
Hi Vikash,

Please check with any Hadoop distribution provider, they might have something for you.

But doing a certification in Hadoop makes sense, especially those who are into administration and Sqoop comes under Hadoop.

Regards,
Sambit.

I am looking to do a certification on sqoop. Please let me know if anything is available.
Your suggestions/references are highly appreciated.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CFB876.FC50F710]

Vikash Talanki
Engineer - Software
vtalanki@cisco.com<ma...@cisco.com>