Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kenny Smith <to...@journalscape.com> on 2003/02/25 19:52:09 UTC

[dbcp/jocl] Is anyone maintaining it?

Hello,

Is anyone maintaining the DBCP/JOCL packages?

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com

Re: [dbcp/jocl] Is anyone maintaining it?

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
Periodically, yes.

I've been working my way toward a revised and simplified DBCP release,
somewhat indirectly.  I'd like to:
a) "complete" and promote the sandboxed commons-jux project
b) "complete" and promote the sandboxed commons-functor project (using
commons-jux as part of the test suite)
c) simplify commons-pool via commons-functor
d) make the commons-pool test suite more robust, by way of commons-jux
e) factor out (once again) the proxied JDBC implementations from the
pooling-specific DBCP classes (probably into dbutils or db-commons)
f) factor out a more robust jdbc test suite (probably into dbutils or
db-commons)
g) base a new release of dbcp upon a revised commons-pool, and the
factored out components

It's a somewhat long haul, but there's substantial progress on a and b,
moving into c/d, as well as administrative efforts toward e and f over at
the apache db project.