Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/05 14:28:04 UTC

Re: FW: jenkins

On 30/09/13 10:25, Rob Vesse wrote:
> Potentially useful hint from the Marmotta list about the cause of the
> random maven JVM terminations
>
> Rob

I've changed "test" and "deploy" to have -Xrs.  We can see how it goes.

Sorry to come back to this but other main cause of instability is
TestRemoteEndpointResultsWithAuth.

My other through is to run less tests.  Rather than the whole of the
AbstractResultSetTests just run some specifc tests.  After all, it's the
same autghenticator each time so is running
e.g. results_select_objects_01, 02, 03, 04, ...
actually testing anything more?

Same for TestRemoteEndpointConnectionWithAuth.

Or set the HttpClient to stop the HttpOp code creating an HttpClient
each time?

	Andy

Re: Re: FW: jenkins

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
I didn't look.  I'm busy digging around in test code.  I will be looking
eventually but I figured all the devs on this list might like to think
about it.

As a side note: I do know that the following packages do use it:
htmlunit-2.8 HttpWebConnection.downloadContent()
guava-11.0.2 FileBackedOutputStream.update()
weld-se-11.0.10 FileBackedOutputStream.update()
jna-3.4.0 Native.loadNativeLibraryFromJar()
mail-1.4.7 TempFile constructor
ehcache-core-2.6.2 DiskStorePath constructor
ehcache-core-2.6.2 AgentLoader.getAgentFile()
commons-exec-1.1 VmsCommandLauncher.createCommandFile()
commons-httpclient-2.0.2 GetMethod.createTempFile()
commons-io-1.3.2 (and 1.4) FileUtils.deleteDirectioryOnExit() and
forceDeleteOnExit(), LockableFileWriter.createLock()

--
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Re: FW: jenkins

Posted by Chris Dollin <ch...@epimorphics.com>.

Re: FW: jenkins

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
I came across an interesting tidbit that generally results in OOM Perm Gen.

Any code that calls File.deleteOnExit() should not be used in a server
environment.

basically, every deleteOnExit() uses some memory to track the file and its
order for deletion.  That memory is not freed until the JVM shuts down
(even if the file is deleted).  There is no way to turn the flag off once
it is enabled.  So in a system that "never" shuts down usage results in
memory exhaustion.

So now, my question is for the code we are testing are there
File.deleteOnExit() calls?  Are we using the method in the test code itself?

Claude

--
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: FW: jenkins

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
As you probably saw I have disabled the auth related tests and the JDBC
module builds seem to be running more reliably so far

Rob