Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "David G. Friedman" <hu...@ix.netcom.com> on 2004/10/02 22:58:38 UTC

RE: How change the mainlayout of tiles on the fly

Gabriel,

I didn't see anyone respond to you so I'll point you to making an action
tiles controller so you can change it in an Action method. I believe you can
also set a controller spec in a <definition ... /> tag allowing a Java class
to make changes at your discretion.  See the PDF Tiles Advanced Features by
Cedric Dumoulin listed at the bottom of the Struts Tile UserGuide page:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/dev_tiles.html.  The PDF's direct URL is
http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles/tilesAdvancedFeatures.pdf

I recommend section 5.2 (all subsections), section 5.4.3, and section 7
which includes examples of how to use tiles controllers in various layouts
for menus, rss, and various other interesting services.

Regards,
David