Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/25 06:49:41 UTC

Re: Concerned about the LGPL dependency in Webkit

Updated:

I just found a JavasScript Interpretator callled jsc-android[1] under BSD-2-Clause License. As it’s provided the exactly same interface we are currently using, I think we can solve this problem by switching to jsc-android.

Thanks for the help of @lucky-chen, I have successfully built and run Weex on jsc-android.

No more platform dependency, no more LGPL runtime.

[1] https://www.npmjs.com/package/jsc-android

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Related PR:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex/pull/2940 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex/pull/2940>.

Developers could choose any JS interpretator they like by passing a URL [1] when compiling their products.

I shall write a documentation later about how to pass these parameters, but everything else looks fine to me.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex/pull/2940/files#diff-312acf6d9ae67bf7d5e8c81da772df85R2

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远