Posted to users@flex.apache.org by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/03 18:12:13 UTC

Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Hello,

I often have problem installing a new SDK by Apache Flex SDK installer as
terminates in random steps strangely. Log information in installer app also
do not gives me much information about why process abort. Like many a times,
I am having problem installing new SDK "Apache FlexSDK 15.0 with AIR
20/21.0" to my OSX 10.10.5 system. I think I'm on latest SDK installer app
at this moment, also.

This time I am having problem installing new SDK multiple times - very first
time the process was abort in step 2. Later it starts abort at 3/4.
Following is my log details:

Version 3.1.0 (mac)
Using Locale: en_IN
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
AIR version 20.0
Flash Player version 20.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://mirror.fibergrid.in/apache/flex/4.15.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.15.0-bin.tar.gz
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the
reference. The file is valid.
Uncompressing:
/Users/santanu/ApacheFlexSDK/4.15.0_AIR.20.0/temp/apache-flex-sdk-4.15.0-bin.tar.gz
Installation aborted

I confirm again these SDK installation problem happens to me often, even
used in different ISP/firewalls.

Re: AW: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
This is output from the Apache Flex SDK Installer?  I don't recognize it.
How are you launching it?  Can you provide the full log?

-Alex

AW: AW: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

I just had a look at the trace and did a little change to the code that should handle your problem ...
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flex/utilities/converter/cli/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/cli-1.0.0-20160606.125424-159.jar
Should be the link to the latest SNAPSHOT version. Please give this a try.

Chris

[...]

The Adobe SDK license agreement applies to the Adobe AIR SDK. Do you want to
[...]
org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.bzip2.BZip2CompressorInputStream.<init>(BZip2CompressorInputStream.java:132)
        at
org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.bzip2.BZip2CompressorInputStream.<init>(BZip2CompressorInputStream.java:109)

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
When I manually downloaded the AIR SDK link (as generated by .jar run) I
confirm I can download it from the link, so I suppose there is not network
blockage too.

Re: AW: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
santanu4ver wrote

> Christofer Dutz wrote
>> If you can live with missing the graphical UI,
>> you can use the mavenizer
>> (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Apache+Flex+SDK+Mavenizer):
> Thank you! Sure I'll want to give a try.

All seems well but somehow AIR SDK never downloaded for me in multiple
tries, I'm not sure why. Tested in Windows system too with same result. Any
idea why?

- Downloading Air SDK version: 21.0 and platform MAC to directory:
/Users/santanu/ApacheFlexSDK/4.15.0_AIR.21.0/SDK
Your System-Id: 48a19685
The Adobe SDK license agreement applies to the Adobe AIR SDK. Do you want to
install the Adobe AIR SDK? Adobe AIR SDK License:
http://www.adobe.com/products/air/sdk-eula.html
(In a non-interactive build such as a CI server build, alternatively to
typing y or yes you can also set a system property containing your system
which is interpreted as equivalent to accepting by typing y or yes:
-Dcom.adobe.systemIdsForWhichTheTermsOfTheAdobeLicenseAgreementAreAccepted=48a19685
)
Do you accept (Yes/No) ? y

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
Christofer Dutz wrote

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
If you can live with missing the graphical UI,
you can use the mavenizer (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Apache+Flex+SDK+Mavenizer):

Simply download the Jar:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/flex/utilities/converter/cli/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/cli-1.0.0-20160404.222049-142.jar

And run the tool:
java -jar cli-1.0.0-20160404.222049-142.jar -fdkDir <FDK target dir> -flexVersion 4.14.1 -flashVersions 17.0,16.0 \
   			-airVersion 17.0 -platform WINDOWS,MAC -fontkit download

This example would download Flex 1.14.1 with Flash 17.0, 16.0 Air 17.0 and the Fontkit libs fro windows and mac ... feel free to adjust. Due the the way Flex SDKs are built up, you can only select a single Air version, but multiple Flash versions.

Feel Free to give it a try :-)

Chris

From: santanu4ver

Date: Tue, Apr 5, 2016 2:03 AM

To: users@flex.apache.org;

Subject:Re: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

I am the administrator my system and I confirm I have permission to write
there. I also tried changing to different location in past to download, but
failed. I cleared browser cache but it still failing in step 4. This is
getting very problematic as I need to get newer Apache SDK with latest AIR
and I can't able to download them by this automated installer. Thank you.

Re: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alex, the newer source from Git repository worked. I able to download a
given SDK to it's completion. However, a few things you probably wants to
consider to take care about:

1. ant_on_air's Ant build script's download links were expired.
2. Me and one of my co-worker we both were in Yosemite. Surprisingly we've
found we don't have /usr/bin/tar (in InstallApacheFlex.mxml) in our system,
but others. We have no idea why this is since we never played with system
files. So we had to use /usr/bin/bsdtar which is a symlink to 'tar' by a
conditional check.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
The links on the installer page are links to the latest source packages,
which was quite a while ago.  The head of the repo on github is more
up-to-date.  Please start with the code in the repo and see how that works.

-Alex

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
Alex Harui wrote

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Can you check you are using the develop branch of flex?  Also, it might be
better to use the HEAD of the repo instead of a tag.  The URLs for some of
the downloads should have been updated.  The build from HEAD worked for me.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for replying, Alex.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
Alex Harui wrote
> The Installer is in the flex-utilities repo in the flex-installer folder.

We downloaded the sources for 3.2 from flex-utilities repo, and setup the
project in Flash Builder and ran. It ran well. We were required to download
following API separately as we couldn't found them in Apache source repo:

*com.probertson.utils.** inside ant_on_air/src
*de.ketzler.utils.** inside ant_on_air/src

For this test we choose Apache Flex SDK 4.13.0 with AIR SDK 20.0.

We're mostly on Yosemite. When we run the project we stuck on #4 dot.
Following is our error log:

> Using Locale: en_US
> Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
> SDK version Apache Flex SDK 4.13.0
> AIR version 20.0
> Flash Player version 20.0
> Creating Apache Flex home
> Creating temporary directory
> Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/flex/4.13.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.13.0-bin.tar.gz
> Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
> The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the
> reference.The file is valid.
> Uncompressing:
> /Users/xx/SDKs/apache-flex-sdk-4.1.13/temp/apache-flex-sdk-4.13.0-bin.tar.gz
> Finished uncompressing:
> /Users/xx/SDKs/apache-flex-sdk-4.1.13/temp/apache-flex-sdk-4.13.0-bin.tar.gz
>
> Error #1034
> TypeError: Error #1034
> at org.apache.flex.xml::XMLTagProcessor/processChildren()
> at org.apache.flex.ant.tags.supportClasses::TaskHandler/execute()
> at org.apache.flex.ant.tags::Project/execute()
> at org.apache.flex.ant::Ant/processXMLFile()
> at InstallApacheFlex/runInstallerScript()
> at InstallApacheFlex/handleApacheFlexSDKZipFileUnzipComplete()

When I debug through /processChildren()/ method in */XMLTagProcessor/*, I
found that /parentTag/ is a */Project/* class but not */ITextTagHandler/*
and following type casting throws the error:

> if (kind == "text")
> {
>       ITextTagHandler(parentTag).setText(xmlList[i].toString());
> }

If I try to bypass by a conditional check, this anyway creates other
unexpected behavior.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
The Installer is in the flex-utilities repo in the flex-installer folder.

Good luck! We'll be here to answer questions.
-Alex

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
Alex Harui wrote
> Or you can help us by getting the installer sources and debugging the
> installer.

I'd glad to debug it, as this installer problem been a continuous problem to

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hmm.  Maybe there isn't extra information until after this point in the
install.  BTW, are yo sure you have permissions to write to the
destination folder?

Next thing to try is to flush all of your browser caches.  I've seen AIR
uses system libraries that the browsers also use to do downloads.

-Alex

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
Alex Harui wrote

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
jmclean wrote
> Is any error show or just the installer just disapear? Perhaps a silly
> question but could the installer be running out of disk space when
> unziping the jar file?

The interface progress dots stops with a red dot at 4th step. I confirm
there were enough disk spaces.

jmclean wrote
> It also looks like you are using a slightly older version of the installer
> (3.1), perhaps try the newer version of the installer (3.2) and see if
> that works.

I updated the installer to 3.2. But it stopped at same position.

Re: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Is any error show or just the installer just disapear? Perhaps a silly question but could the installer be running out of disk space when unziping the jar file?

It also looks like you are using a slightly older version of the installer (3.1), perhaps try the newer version of the installer (3.2) and see if that works.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex SDK installer problem

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
We've seen that for many people, downloads get corrupted, but in your case
the MD5 is correct yet it still aborts.