Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com> on 2002/05/15 20:57:29 UTC

Review: The DOM Reorganization

Hi everyone,

I have implemented most of the DOM changes that we agreed last time in the
"Call for Vote: which one to be the Xerces-C++ public supported W3C DOM
interface" discussion thread.

What have been changed:
=================
1. Rename all IDOM stuff to DOMXXX and moved to folder
       src/xercesc/dom/    and  src/xercesc/dom/impl
2. Rename IDOMParser to XercesDOMParser
3. As agreed last time, the old DOM stuff will not be removed, but also,
will NOT be promoted.  To clarify such standpoint, all the old DOM stuff
(including DOMParser) are moved to the folder:
    src/xercesc/dom/deprecated/*
(Note: I didn't rename the interfaces)
4. Apache DOM C++ Binding is created (doc/html/ApacheDOMC++Binding.html)
5. Programming Guide is updated
6. DOM samples and test cases are updated to use the new XercesDOMParser and
DOMXXXX interface
7. Windows Project file is updated

What left (my TODO list)
=================
1. Update the FAQ and Migration Guide
2. Upgrade DLL name to 2.0
3. Update UNIX Makefiles, and other project files
4. Code the function "release()" to DOMXXX implementation
5. Fix DOM samples and test cases to call "documnet->release()" instead of
"delete document;"
6. Apply Bugzilla 5967 patch
7. Have nightly build ready

Before I complete my TODO list and CVS commit the changes, I would like to
post the prototype for review before I go too far.

The tree is zipped and is placed in the experimental download folder:

http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/experimental/xerces-dom_experimental_cha
nge.zip

Please review and let me know any comment by next Tuesday (e.g. the
Programming Guide, the C++ Binding document, and the folder organization ...
etc.).  I would like to commit the stuff to CVS next week.

Thanks!

Tinny

Re: Review: The DOM Reorganization - Nightly build available

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi everyone,

I have checked in the changes to CVS, and the nightly build is now
available:

   http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/2002-05-22/

Please check and let me know any comment.

Thanks!

Tinny

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Tinny Ng" <tn...@ca.ibm.com> writes:

> I have implemented most of the DOM changes that we agreed last time
> in the "Call for Vote: which one to be the Xerces-C++ public
> supported W3C DOM interface" discussion thread.

Wow! Great work Tinny (and others).

I'm sorry, but I'm very busy preparing for an Open Source programming
jamboree in Seattle which I'll be attending all next week. I won't
have time to test your code changes.

But when I get back, I'll check things out from CVS and build a
version of Xerces-Perl that supports the new bindings and give you
feedback then.

Cheers,
jas.