Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by John Lianoglou <jo...@arachnedesign.net> on 2004/08/12 08:01:55 UTC

ComposerGenerator replacement?

Hi all!

I'm writing my very first Generator at the moment, which is supposed to
pull information from a database. So, I found a useful code sample in
the docs w/in the Cocoon distro which uses the ComposerGenerator class.

Thing is, I'm getting a deprecation warning with that class... and I
can't find any information regarding what's supposed to be the new
official way to do this.

Any thoughts?  :)

Peace.
jL

John Lianoglou | Vice President | ARACHNEdesign
http://www.arachnedesign.net

Re: ComposerGenerator replacement?

Posted by John Lianoglou <jo...@arachnedesign.net>.

Re: ComposerGenerator replacement?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 12.08.2004 08:01, John Lianoglou wrote:

> I'm writing my very first Generator at the moment, which is supposed to
> pull information from a database. So, I found a useful code sample in
> the docs w/in the Cocoon distro which uses the ComposerGenerator class.
>
> Thing is, I'm getting a deprecation warning with that class... and I
> can't find any information regarding what's supposed to be the new
> official way to do this.
>
> Any thoughts?  :)

ServiceGenerator is the replacement. The other compose classes also have
to be replaced with service classes then (ComponentManager =>
ServiceableManager, ComponentException => ServiceException, Composable
=> Serviceable, etc.)

Jörg