Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ar...@bka.bund.de on 2011/11/11 07:59:36 UTC

Common interface for sofa data and sofa reference

Hi,

A text sofa can be included in a CAS or it can be referenced by an URI.
Writing an annotator, I do not want to distinguish between these two
ways. I would like to have a common interface for both. Does it exist?
Or do I have to write two versions of each annotator? For example, I'd
like to have one method to get the document text, regardless whether it
is included or referenced.

Greetings,

Armin

AW: Common interface for sofa data and sofa reference

Posted by Ar...@bka.bund.de.
Hi Richard,

it works. I used

String documentText = FileUtils.reader2String(new InputStreamReader(cas.getSofaDataStream)));

Thanks

Armin

I didn't try it, but I believe CAS.getSofaDataStream() should work for you. But I believe the getCoveredText() method will only work for text that is included with the CAS.

-- Richard

Am 11.11.2011 um 07:59 schrieb Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de:

> Hi,
>
> A text sofa can be included in a CAS or it can be referenced by an URI.
> Writing an annotator, I do not want to distinguish between these two
> ways. I would like to have a common interface for both. Does it exist?
> Or do I have to write two versions of each annotator? For example, I'd
> like to have one method to get the document text, regardless whether
> it is included or referenced.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Armin

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany phone [+49] (0)6151 16-7477, fax -5455, room S2/02/B117 eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: Common interface for sofa data and sofa reference

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Hi Armin,