Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Cole <ro...@db.com> on 2006/09/04 12:51:16 UTC

Specifying a map of values in Hivemind? (Tapestry-Acegi related)

Hi all.

I'm trying to pass a map of values into a Hivemind service and I'm hitting problems. I'm coming from Spring, so the Spring version looks like this:

  <bean id="userDetailsService" class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
      <property name="userMap">
        <value>
          robert.cole@db.com,ROLE_SUPERUSER
          tom.nugent@db.com,ROLE_DATA_ADMINISTRATOR
          fred,ROLE_SUPPORT
        </value>
      </property>
  </bean>

Spring translates the "value" attribute into a Properties object with the specified values. Now that I'm in Hivemind, how do I represent the map (its treated as a Properties object within the InMemoryDaoImpl) in Hivemind? I've tried the code below but I get an error that the value attribute is not being set. I can't find any Hivemind documentation about how to specify that the value is a Properties object (or a map)

  <implementation service-id="hivemind.acegi.dao.UserDetailsService">
    <invoke-factory>
      <construct class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
        <set-object property="userMap">
          <value>
            robert.cole@db.com=ROLE_SUPERUSER
            tom.nugent@db.com=ROLE_DATA_ADMINISTRATOR
            fred=ROLE_SUPPORT
          </value>
        </set-object>
      </construct>
    </invoke-factory>
  </implementation>

I'm suspecting that I need to use a Property Editor to translate some text into a Properties object but I'm in the dark here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Cole

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Specifying a map of values in Hivemind? (Tapestry-Acegi related)

Posted by Robert Cole <ro...@db.com>.
Thanks Shing, looks useful

Rob Cole
CSA Web

+44 (0)20 754 51117

             Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>

             04/09/2006 13:37                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              To
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           cc
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Please respond to
                                                                                                                                                                                        "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Subject
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Re: Specifying a map of values in Hivemind? (Tapestry-Acegi related)

You might like to check out example 7 on
http://lombok.demon.co.uk/hiveMind/welcome

Shing

--- Robert Cole <ro...@db.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to pass a map of values into a Hivemind
> service and I'm hitting problems. I'm coming from
> Spring, so the Spring version looks like this:
>
>   <bean id="userDetailsService"

class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
>       <property name="userMap">
>         <value>
>           robert.cole@db.com,ROLE_SUPERUSER
>           tom.nugent@db.com,ROLE_DATA_ADMINISTRATOR
>           fred,ROLE_SUPPORT
>         </value>
>       </property>
>   </bean>
>
> Spring translates the "value" attribute into a
> Properties object with the specified values. Now
> that I'm in Hivemind, how do I represent the map
> (its treated as a Properties object within the
> InMemoryDaoImpl) in Hivemind? I've tried the code
> below but I get an error that the value attribute is
> not being set. I can't find any Hivemind
> documentation about how to specify that the value is
> a Properties object (or a map)
>
>   <implementation
> service-id="hivemind.acegi.dao.UserDetailsService">
>     <invoke-factory>
>       <construct

class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
>         <set-object property="userMap">
>           <value>
>             robert.cole@db.com=ROLE_SUPERUSER
>
> tom.nugent@db.com=ROLE_DATA_ADMINISTRATOR
>             fred=ROLE_SUPPORT
>           </value>
>         </set-object>
>       </construct>
>     </invoke-factory>
>   </implementation>
>
> I'm suspecting that I need to use a Property Editor
> to translate some text into a Properties object but
> I'm in the dark here. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob Cole
>
> ---
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information. If you
> are not the intended recipient (or have received
> this e-mail in error)
> please notify the sender immediately and destroy
> this e-mail. Any
> unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of
> the material in this
> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@tapestry.apache.org