Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/15 21:36:06 UTC

[Trinidad] tr:inputText value change events do not work with IE autocomplete on

Hi,
It appears that valueChangeEvents are not triggered on the tr:inputText
component when the user selects an entry using the AutoComplete feature of
Internet Explorer. I have tested this on IE 6.0.2900.

In my JSP file I have this:
myBacking.inputTextChangeListener}"
          autoSubmit="true" value="#{myBacking.textValue}"/>

I am getting valueChangeEvents when the user types a value in the textInput
but I do not get an event if I select the value from the autocomplete box
that IE presents if values have been entered previously into the field. Is
there a way to output  autocomplete="off" in the rendered output for the tag
or is there a fix to the javascript that detects the value change?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: [Trinidad] tr:inputText value change events do not work with IE autocomplete on

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found that it doesn't work on IE, Firefox, and the latest version of
> Safari too.

yup, we had issues with all major browsers.
this is a bad (very bad) browser bug, but the work around seems to be needed.

-M

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do I need to file a Jira issue on this?

I'll file one and will port our fix to Trinidad too

-M

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.
It seems that this is a problem with IE 6,Firefox 2.0.0.11, and Safari 3.0.4.
I tested FireFox and Safari on a MacBook Pro

http://jehiah.cz/archive/onchange-and-autocomplete

The behavior that I see is that value change events work fine if the user
types in a value or pastes a value in to an tr:inputText and then tabs to
another component. If the user has previously submitted a value in the

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.