Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/16 07:06:10 UTC

backward incompatibility with MockTokenFilter

Hi folks:

In release 4.3.1, MockTokenFilter has an api to turn on/off position
increments, e.g. :

set/getEnablePositionIncrements()

In release 4.4.0 that was removed. And the default behavior in 4.4.0 is
that it is assumed to be true.

But I don't see this change documented or a migration suggestion.

Please advise.

Thanks

-John

Re: backward incompatibility with MockTokenFilter

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.
Hey John, this class is used for testing only. It's part of the
testing framework and I don't think we can provide migration
suggestion or BW compat for that package. If you rely on the
functionality I suggest you to fork the code into your code base or
move to an official alternative in the analysis jars.

simon