Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2004/06/07 05:11:02 UTC

Re: declare exception considere Undeclaredthrowableexception

Ofer Baranes wrote:

>  I am using Axis on the Server side and Axis Call (through WSIF) on the
>  Client side :
>
>  I have a very declared exception on my WebService ,which
>  do appear on the wsdl , BUT , when this exception is
>  throw on the server side ,on the client side it's
>  considere as an Undeclaredthrowableexception , why ?

there are two possibilities:
1. exception is internal problem inside WSIF / AXIS provider
2. exception is not mapped properly during invocation inside AXIS
provide or in AXIS

>   (I checked the SOAP response string and the exception do
>   exists on the fault section.
>   My feeling is that my exception is not correctly
>   serialize\deserialize and therefor is not considere as
>   a declared exception.)

that would suggest option 2 ...

could you log this problem in jira with the description how to reproduce it?

thanks,

alek