Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/18 08:25:28 UTC

[VOTE] New logo designs

Hello,

it looks like the logos are mature enough for voting. I had the impression
that most of us are preferring #21 or #23. Let's start a quick vote to
finalize the process. Just put the number of the logo you prefer without any
comments. Note this vote is not a #21 vs. #23. If you like some other logo,
just post its number. I guess we can run the vote for a very short period.
At the end we can count the votes and the logo with most votes wins.

Let's start the voting and select a new logo. Robin still can slightly
modify the selected logo if needed.

Igor Drobiazko: #23

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
I thought we'd do this with a lazy consensus, i.e. just integrate it and see how it looks and if
anyone objects just change it. Apart from that:

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Robin Komiwes <ro...@gmail.com>.
Robin Komiwes: #23

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
Joost Schouten #23

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Jue #23

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Andreas Andreou: #21

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
SVG is probably safest ... whatever it takes to allow some future
designer to work on it reasonably. Pre-creating useful sizes with
alpha against light and dark ... well, you obviously already know the
drill!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I find "Code Less. Deliver More." to be more emphatic than "Code less,
deliver more".

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I tend to use "Apache Tapestry" the first time I mention Tapestry in
text, then Tapestry, or Tapestry 5, there after.

Looking at a number of well established Apache projects with logs,
it's hit-or-miss whether the logo included "Apache" or not.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:
> One more thing: I just read that according to ASF branding guidelines the
> product name has to include the word "Apache". In our case that would be
> "Apache Tapestry". I think the slogan next to the logo has to reflect that.
> The exact requirement is: "The first and most prominent reference to a
> project or product on each page must use the "Apache Foo" form of its name.
> Other references may use either "Apache Foo" or "Foo" as appropriate for the
> subject matter."
>
> That's just something we have to consider when putting the final version
> online.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Uli
>
> On 21.06.2010 21:29, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
>>
>> Yes. Since this is a major contribution a CLA is required. Just fill out
>> and sign the PDF form at [1] and send a signed copy to
>> secretary@apache.org
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Uli
>>
>> [1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf
>>
>> On 21.06.2010 19:26, Robin Komiwes wrote:
>>>
>>> Nice!
>>>
>>> I guess I now have to sign the CLA and send the source files to one of
>>> the
>>> committers?
>>> Previous logo was in SVG, is this format is ok?
>>> Next step, website with Ulrich.
>>> With this new logo, I will try to do a more professional and simple
>>> layout. I will continue to share the work as soon as something is
>>> ready to
>>> be shown, in order to have a lot of feedback from the community. That
>>> helped
>>> me a lot when designing the logo.
>>> -- Robin Komiwes

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Robin Komiwes <ro...@gmail.com>.
Nice!

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Christophe Cordenier : #23

2010/6/18 Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>

> Piero Sartini: #23

Christophe Cordenier.

Developer of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
Piero Sartini: #23

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.

On 06/18/2010 09:20 AM, Christian Riedel wrote:

> http://komiwes.fr/logo-tapestry/index.htm
>
> Am 18.06.2010 um 08:59 schrieb Joachim Van der Auwera:
>

>> Where can the proposals be found?
>>
>> On 06/18/2010 08:25 AM, Igor Drobiazko wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> it looks like the logos are mature enough for voting. I had the impression
>>> that most of us are preferring #21 or #23. Let's start a quick vote to
>>> finalize the process. Just put the number of the logo you prefer without any
>>> comments. Note this vote is not a #21 vs. #23. If you like some other logo,
>>> just post its number. I guess we can run the vote for a very short period.
>>> At the end we can count the votes and the logo with most votes wins.
>>>
>>> Let's start the voting and select a new logo. Robin still can slightly
>>> modify the selected logo if needed.
>>>
>>> Igor Drobiazko: #23
>>>

>> --
>> Joachim Van der Auwera
>> PROGS bvba, progs.be

Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.

--
Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com>.
maybe we should give another option a try: the grey box as in #21 plus the green as in #23 (or maybe more of the grey panels as you proposed earlier)

Re: [VOTE] New logo designs

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: #21
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry