Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Costas Stergiou <cs...@hq.acn.gr> on 2002/01/31 09:07:09 UTC

[BUG] UIManager.java

Hi all,
the following line
private static Properties skinProperties;
in the UIManager.java file
says that only one skinProperties object can exist in several
UIManager objects.
How can this be if different users want to use different skins?
I think it should not be static.
Please, give your commends or correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks
Costas

Re: [BUG] UIManager.java

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 1/31/02 3:07 AM, "Costas Stergiou" <cs...@hq.acn.gr> wrote:

> Hi all,
> the following line
> private static Properties skinProperties;
> in the UIManager.java file
> says that only one skinProperties object can exist in several
> UIManager objects.
> How can this be if different users want to use different skins?
> I think it should not be static.
> Please, give your commends or correct me if I am wrong.

The UIManager was the first example of a pull tool and was designed to allow
the application to have a skin, wasn't intended for use in conjunction with
user preferences. Feel free to change it.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org