Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Robert Burke <lo...@apache.org> on 2022/09/28 19:24:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.42.0, release candidate #00

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #00 for the version 2.42.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

Note, due to issues with the PyPi artifacts, an RC1 will be built in short
order. However, that shouldn't block most validation. At present RC1 will
have the same contents as RC00.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* GitHub Release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
A52F5C83BAE26160120EC25F3D56ACFBFB2975E1 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v1.2.3-RC3" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle GRADLE_VERSION and OpenJDK/Oracle
JDK JDK_VERSION.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].
   * NOTE: PyPi artifacts were unable to be deployed for this RC.
* Validation sheet with a tab for 1.2.3 release to help with validation [9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
Release Manager

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/milestone/4
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.42.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1284/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.42.0-RC00
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/634
[8] No PyPi for this RC.
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=265602293
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.42.0, release candidate #00

Posted by Robert Burke <ro...@frantil.com>.
Aborting this RC and vote in favour of RC1.

Thank you for your patience.