Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2006/03/31 14:49:48 UTC

TESTING.txt? (was: [IMP] Code freeze for 2.1.x)

Le 31 mars 06 à 11:06, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> As voted recently the code freeze for 2.1.9 starts *now* and hopefully
> ends with the release in one week.

How about adding a TESTING.txt file to document which tests we run
before the release?

We could use this to note things like "I've successfully run all
junit and htmlunit tests on macosx 10.4 with JDK1.5.2", informal
testing notes, which would stay with the release (as it's hard to
correlate testing info found elsewhere with a given release).

If no one objects I'll create this file in the 2.1.x branch sometime
next week when I do my usual pre-release testing. Non-committers can
send their results to our lists and I'll copy them there.

-Bertrand

Re: TESTING.txt?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> Le 31 mars 06 à 11:06, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
>> As voted recently the code freeze for 2.1.9 starts *now* and hopefully
>> ends with the release in one week.
>
> How about adding a TESTING.txt file to document which tests we run
> before the release?
>
> We could use this to note things like "I've successfully run all
> junit and htmlunit tests on macosx 10.4 with JDK1.5.2", informal
> testing notes, which would stay with the release (as it's hard to
> correlate testing info found elsewhere with a given release).
>
> If no one objects I'll create this file in the 2.1.x branch sometime
> next week when I do my usual pre-release testing. Non-committers can
> send their results to our lists and I'll copy them there.

Good idea, thanks Bertrand!

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/