Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dirk Tschentscher <oe...@gmx.de> on 2007/04/11 00:22:00 UTC

can't see flowtext from inkscape-svg

Hello,

I'm trying to get inkscape-svg to work with batik1.7.
( sorry about bothering you with their svg-implementation)

I have a file with several flowRoot elements:

http://motorbrot.org/batikstuff/flowtext.svg

After updating  svg-version from  1.0 to 1.2 for the flowRoot-stuff, I
only see black  rectangles.

When adding style="visibility:hidden" to the rect-element, the black box
disappeared,
but I still can't see any text.
I've done this in this example with the first flowRoot element.

( When viewing this with firefox instead of sqiggle, I only see the
hidden rect... ?
  But that's not my problem. )

Any hints, how to display the text ?

<dirk />

got it: can't see flowtext from inkscape-svg

Posted by Dirk Tschentscher <oe...@gmx.de>.
found it myself :-)

I have to enclose the flowParam-elements within a flowDiv.

Next question:
In my example there is a long string without spaces. It's not displayed,
because it's too long.

In the w3c spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/flow.html
there is written:

The text flow algorithm wraps on spaces if it can find them, otherwise it will break in the middle of a word.

Is this implemented in batik somehow? Or do I have to insert spaces myself?

<dirk />