Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2021/09/01 18:46:16 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Merge feature branch HBASE-25853 into branch-2

This is great information. I would feel better about it if we had
confirmation that everything is working as expected on branch-2. The reason
for this is that master and branch-2 have drifted quite a bit, and the
instrumentation points are quite sensitive to internal details of the code.
Thus, I don’t assume that behavior demonstrated on master is necessarily
applicable to branch-2.

Since no one seems to have demonstrated on the feature branch what I’m
hoping for, let me spend some time with the feature branch and/or branch-2
after merge. I think it’s important that we know this works well, as it is
a headline feature of 2.5. (If anyone else is really keen to do this
demonstration, please let us know!)

Related: what’s the status is tracing into HDFS and beyond? Should I expect
to see spans all the way down to HDFS disk access? What about kernel system
calls?

Thanks,
Nick

Posted by "Tak Lon (Stephen) Wu" <ta...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I will be out of my desk this week, let's see if I can give a try next
week on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-26241

Posted by "Tak Lon (Stephen) Wu" <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick!

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
It is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15566.

If anyone is interested, please help here. I do not have much time to add
this support to hadoop, as I still owe the hadoop community a big work on
the migration to log4j2...

Thanks.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2021年9月2日周四 上午7:31写道:

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.