Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sahan Maldeniya <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 19:13:14 UTC

Fwd: Axis 2 Readme.txt file

Hi

I m newby to axis2 and i just read through the readme.txt file. There is
this guide line under deploying section which says

"Drop the jar file to the $AXIS2_HOME/WEB-INF/services directory
 where $AXIS2_HOME represents the install directory of your Axis2
 runtime. "

but no directory in WEB-INF called services. Should it be corrected
into $AXIS2_HOME/repository/services" ?

regards.

--
*
*

--
*
*

Re: Axis 2 Readme.txt file

Posted by Sahan Maldeniya <sm...@gmail.com>.
thanx shameera this helps a lot.

i think the read me file should be updated btw.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sahan,
>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Sahan Maldeniya <sm...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I m newby to axis2 and i just read through the readme.txt file. There is
>> this guide line under deploying section which says
>>
>> "Drop the jar file to the $AXIS2_HOME/WEB-INF/services directory
>>  where $AXIS2_HOME represents the install directory of your Axis2
>>  runtime. "
>>
>> but no directory in WEB-INF called services. Should it be corrected
>> into $AXIS2_HOME/repository/services" ?
>>

> If you are using axis2-war distribution then you will see the "services"
> directory in "/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF" of your servlet container. But if you
> use axis2 standard binary distribution then you will see "service"
> directory in "$AXIS2_HOME/repository/" . Main axis2 service deployment
> method is create .aar archive and drop this one of above "service"
> directory which is depend on the distribution you used. Here is how to
> create a *.aar file[1]
>

> [1]http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/xmlbased-server.html
>
> Cheers,
>  Shameera.
>

>> regards.
>>
>> --
>> *
>> *
>> *Sahan Maldeniya*
>>  *Undergraduate of University of Colombo School of Computing*
>> *Bachelor of Science Computer Science*
>>

>> --
>> *
>> *
>> *Sahan Maldeniya*
>> *Undergraduate of University of Colombo School of Computing*
>> *Bachelor of Science Computer Science*
>>

> --
> Shameera Rathnayaka
> Undergraduate