Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/01/05 04:39:32 UTC

Re: [Jelly] GUMPifying taglib builds

Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com> wrote on 05/01/2003 02:07:15 PM:

> Cool I'll use the jar:snapshot goal from now on when I
> send to the Maven list.  It sounds like it's going to
> work better if I just use jar:install, and you can
> update the remote JARs on your own.
I'm happy to get the taglibs built off source from here, so that we have
two verifications it works.

> I'm having trouble getting jar:install to work with
> intra-project dependencies though.  I tried using the
> <project_name>+<plugin_name> syntax for the ids of the
> taglibs, like this:
>
>   <project>
>     <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
>     <name>commons-jelly-tags-ant</name>
>     <id>commons-jelly+tags-ant</id>
Yep, use:
<groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
<id>commons-jelly-tags-ant</id>

>     <currentVersion>SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>
Really should be
<currentVersion>1.0-SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>

> Am I doing something wrong, or does the plus syntax
> only work for the id of "dependency" tags?  If so,
> does that mean I have to manually copy the libraries
> to my local repository?
Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. Add the groupId and the install
works fine.

But really the groupId should be automatically part of the jar name.

By copy to maven-dev:
Jason,
is this the way we want it?
--