Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2013/10/31 16:50:48 UTC

[VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

This is the seventh release for Apache Bigtop, version 0.7.0

It fixes the following issues:
  http://s.apache.org/Pkp

Compared to RC0 only two news issues got fixed:
   BIGTOP-1132 and BIGTOP-1129

*** Please download, test and vote by Sun 11/3 noon PST

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag):
   release-0.7.0-RC1

Source and binary files:
  http://people.apache.org/~rvs/bigtop-0.7.0-RC1/

Binary convenience artifacts:
   http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-0.7.0/

Package test results:
   http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-release-packagetest/9/

Documentation on how to install (just make sure to adjust the repos for 0.7.0):
 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.6.0

Maven staging repo:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebigtop-194/

The tag to be voted upon:
   https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=bigtop.git;a=commit;h=ca4c88898f95aaab3fd85b5e9c194ffd647c2109

Bigtop's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bigtop/dist/KEYS

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the seventh release for Apache Bigtop, version 0.7.0
>
> It fixes the following issues:
>   http://s.apache.org/Pkp
>
> Compared to RC0 only two news issues got fixed:
>    BIGTOP-1132 and BIGTOP-1129
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by Sun 11/3 noon PST

+1 (binding).

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> I tried running some hive queries and they all worked well.
>
> In interest of full-disclosure, I tried running some queries on
> hive-server2 and wasn't able to get it to work.
> Beeline is unable to detect my tables (that I create through hive-server1)
> nor is it able to create new tables for me. Anyone tried doing the same
> with more luck than me?
>
> Now:
> 1. Hive-server1 which allows the users to do the same things (as the new
> and improved hive-server2) still works
> 2. It may be a configuration problem with my environment, fwiw so it may be
> just a matter of me spending more time to ensure my setup is correct.
>
> I am refraining from giving an explicit vote here because I would love to
> hear from the Bigtop community on how important this issue is in the
> context of this voting.

For as long as hive-server1 is ok -- I, personally, wouldn't consider
this a 0.7.0 blocker.

That said, please file a JIRA so we can consider addressing it
for Bigtop 0.8.0.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
HiveServer2 doesn't look too critical to block Bigtop release, imo.

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks Bruno. Will do!

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
+1 to the release.

This issue can be fixed in a point release.

Thanks,
Bruno

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1 [binding]

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
The vote has now officially closed with 3 PMC +1 votes and NONE of the -1 votes.

Thanks to everyone who voted. I'll proceed with the rest of the release.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.