Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Diego Benna <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 11:54:44 UTC

OWL/RDFS and Marmotta

Dear developers of Apache Marmotta,
I want ask information about ontologies in Marmotta. Ontologies are managed? I
can upload files owl/rdfs and import files rdf consistent? I can do checks
on imported files, or load any file rdf? What can I do with ontologies owl /
rdfs in Marmotta?
Thanks as always for your kindness
Diego

Re: OWL/RDFS and Marmotta

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Diego,

On 10/09/13 11:54, Diego Benna wrote:
> I want ask information about ontologies in Marmotta. Ontologies are managed? I
> can upload files owl/rdfs and import files rdf consistent? I can do checks
> on imported files, or load any file rdf? What can I do with ontologies owl /
> rdfs in Marmotta?

KiWi, the triple store used by Marmotta, provided a built-in rule-based
reasoner for enabling such semantics on top of your triples. Further
details at the web site:

http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/kiwi/reasoner.html

So, for instance, if you want to have RDFS, you'd need to add the rules
that implemented such semantics. In the wiki you can find some sample
programs:

http://wiki.apache.org/marmotta/Reasoner/ExamplePrograms

Although the syntax looks a bit unfriendly at first, actually it's quite
easy to write rules in that language.

In the former wiki you can also find some more information we still did
not manage to migrate to Marmotta:

http://code.google.com/p/lmf/wiki/ModuleReasoning

Hope this helps.

Cheers,