Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2001/07/28 08:39:14 UTC

Xalan-J 2.2.D8 Released

I have posted Xalan-Java version 2.2.D8 (yet another Developer's release)
xml.apache.org. Noteable in this release, besides many bug fixes, is that
the
SQL extension should be fairly functional (thanks to John Gentilin!), and
many
bug fixes have been applied.

To get a complete build with samples, sources, and
documentation, download and unzip
either of the following:

     http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j/xalan-j_2_2_D8.tar.gz
     http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j/xalan-j_2_2_D8.zip

The sources are tagged in cvs as 'xalan-j_2_2_D8'.

A Developer's release is one that has been deemed to have enough benificial
changes from the
previous release that we feel it helpful to make a release for folks to
bang on.  It has not gone
through proper QE testing, and may contain obvious defects.

-scott

RE: Xalan-J 2.2.D8 Released

Posted by Gunnlaugur Thor Briem <gt...@dimon.is>.
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, what's with the jump in file size?

 xalan-j_2_2_D6.tar.gz     03-Jul-2001 11:17  7.3M  Xalan-J downloads
 xalan-j_2_2_D7.tar.gz     19-Jul-2001 10:42   10M  Xalan-J downloads
 xalan-j_2_2_D8.tar.gz     27-Jul-2001 22:21  7.5M  Xalan-J downloads

I would have guessed that compressed vs. uncompressed
jars wouldn't make this much of a difference, since
gzip would perform similarly to the jar compression.
So what gives?

	- Gulli