Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 01:10:22 UTC

Posting to Announce list ?, was Fwd: Returned post for announce@apache.org

What should I do in order to be able to post to the announce list ?

From: "Luciano Resende" <lr...@apache.org>
To: general@incubator.apache.org, announce@apache.org, tuscany-dev
<tu...@ws.apache.org>, "Tuscany Users"
<tu...@ws.apache.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:47:44 -0700
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tuscany Java DAS 1.0-incubating-beta1 released
August 21st 2007 - Apache Tuscany is pleased to announce the
1.0-incubating-beta1 release of the Java DAS project.

Data Access Services (DAS) works together with Service Data Objects
(SDO) simplifying handling of data when interacting with the back-end
data source and frees application developers  from dealing with
tedious and error-prone transformation between end source types and
SDO Data Object Types/properties.

Key features of 1.0-incubating-beta1 release are :

      - Support for J2SE connections in DAS config using Driver Manager.
      - Added support for multiple database schemas in queries
      - Enhanced Optimistic Concurrency Control with overqualified updates
      - Multiple enhancements around ApplyChanges API
      - Enhanced Documentation : User, Developer and Architect guides
as well as javadocs
      - Enhanced and new sample applications

For a complete list of changes on this release, please view the release notes.

      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/das/1.0-incubating-beta1/distribution/binary/RELEASE_NOTES

To download Java DAS please follow the link to

      http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/das-downloads.html

Apache Tuscany welcomes your help. Any contribution, including code,
testing, improving the documentation, or bug reporting is always
appreciated. For more information on how to get involved in Apache
Tuscany visit the website at: http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany.

Thank you for your interest in Apache Tuscany!
The Apache Tuscany Team.

---

Tuscany is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Web services PMC. Incubation
is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review
indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making
process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful
ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection
of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that
the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Posting to Announce list ?, was Fwd: Returned post for announce@apache.org

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
"Luciano Resende" <lu...@gmail.com> writes:

> What should I do in order to be able to post to the announce list ?

Resend it, again using your apache.org address.
None of moderators approved your message, even
though it looks ok to me. Also there are 2 valid
announce messages in the queue still waiting
for approval, so you aren't alone.

I will keep an eye on the list to make sure
it goes through this time.

--
Joe Schaefer