Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mike <mz...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 04:15:04 UTC

Re: Accounting preferences and blank SeqCustMethod's

Thanks  Jacques:

I was wondering about these "old" methods:

invoiceSeqCustMethId="INV_HOOK_ENF_SEQ"
quoteSeqCustMethId="INV_HOOK_ENF_SEQ"
orderSeqCustMethId="INV_HOOK_ENF_SEQ"

oldInvoiceSequenceEnumId="INVSQ_ENF_SEQ"
oldOrderSequenceEnumId="ODRSQ_ENF_SEQ"
oldQuoteSequenceEnumId="QTESQ_ENF_SEQ"

Do I need to these old* methods if I set the above three?  Are they
deprecated?

I'm trying to pre-populate PartyAcctgPreference from seed data (if that is
possible).   There are no existing transactions yet.

Thanks

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mike,

You only need them if you want to enforce sequences (ie have no holes in Ids sequences). Short and rough explanation: OFBiz uses an
Id Seq. optimisation mechanism which allocates blocks of Ids (see SequenceBank.fillBank() method in SequenceUtil.java) . If, for
instance, you restart your machine then you will get a hole because a new block will be allocated and some Ids lost. This is really
annoying for invoices, that's why you have by default

> invoiceSeqCustMethId="INV_HOOK_ENF_SEQ"

But it's less annoying for quotes an orders. So if you don't need enforsed seq. ids for your quotes an orders, then you can forget
them

> oldInvoiceSequenceEnumId="INVSQ_ENF_SEQ"
> oldOrderSequenceEnumId="ODRSQ_ENF_SEQ"
> oldQuoteSequenceEnumId="QTESQ_ENF_SEQ"

Are not methods but the fields references in CustomMethod Entity.

Jacques

From: "Mike" <mz...@gmail.com>