Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org> on 2016/08/19 23:38:28 UTC

Re: Merge IPv6

HADOOP-11890 Is the related jira.

Re: Merge IPv6

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.
> On Aug 19, 2016, at 4:38 PM, Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> HADOOP-11890 Is the related jira.

I've added some comments to that JIRA regarding an actual code issue.

But I have a general question that probably isn't appropriate for the JIRA (yet?).

Way back in the 0.20 days, the NN didn't handle IP multi-pathing very well without a lot of extra DNS rigging such that all addresses used could be resolved back to the hostname in the includes file.  Packets from non-matching addresses were, of course, dropped.  Given the nature of IPv6, has the testing included only statically assigned addresses or has stateless autoconfig (either local or RA-based) been tested?  If so, what was the state of DNS vs. the include file?  If only static has been tested, is that documented so that users don't fall into a hole?

Thanks.

Re: Merge IPv6

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.