Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Aldrich <da...@t-modus.nec.co.uk> on 2008/03/07 13:39:44 UTC

Restoring removed files

Hi

Today we accidentally removed some files from a subversion repository,
but managed to restore them using a reverse-merge. We gleaned how to do
this from some mail posts etc.

Please can anyone direct me to a formal recommended procedure for
restoring removed files in Subversion?

Can TortoiseSVN help?

Thanks

David

Re: Restoring removed files

Posted by Marc Haisenko <ha...@comdasys.com>.
On Friday 07 March 2008, David Aldrich wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today we accidentally removed some files from a subversion repository,
> but managed to restore them using a reverse-merge. We gleaned how to do
> this from some mail posts etc.
>
> Please can anyone direct me to a formal recommended procedure for
> restoring removed files in Subversion?
>
> Can TortoiseSVN help?
>
> Thanks
>
> David

A reverse merge already is the correct method. You could also do a "svn cp"
which also keeps the history, but I'd do that only for single files (and even
then I'd rather to a reverse merge, I guess).
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko

Comdasys AG