Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Yifan Zou <yi...@google.com> on 2019/04/04 01:34:57 UTC

Changes in Beam Jenkins Agents

Hi,

Our Jenkins are in a bad condition. 8 agents are down at this time, and
they are not going to be restored because of some bad errors happened on
the Puppet server due to the consistent re-provisioning. There are several
discussions in the recent weeks between the ASF Infra and us. In general,
the Infra team will move away from puppet third-party build nodes, and we
will need to manage the agents by ourselves.

I wrote a one pager to describe the problem and the approach. We created a
new Jenkins node (https://builds.apache.org/computer/beam17-jnlp/) for
experimental purpose. We're making efforts to verify the environment by
running all beam tests on it that make sure the required tools are
installed properly. The process is tracked in the attached spreadsheet. Any
helps on verifying tests on the new machine are appreciated! The
instructions is on the top of the spreadsheet.

One pager:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c38IPrF94PZC-ItGZgmAgAKrgmC1MGA6N6nkK0cL6L4/edit?ts=5ca54b3e#heading=h.lm27uybdtpys

Verification tracking sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MDL6vy_0iaFSZeWQ-4JWKlRiZ5WFdDVjJh6Xvczgld0/edit?ts=5ca54b2d#gid=0

Thanks.

Regards.
Yifan

Re: Changes in Beam Jenkins Agents

Posted by Yifan Zou <yi...@google.com>.
Thanks Kenn. Valentyn and I will verify this test.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yifan Zou <yi...@google.com>.
Great! Thank you, Lukasz!

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lu...@gmail.com>.