Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bleicke Holm <ho...@icp.inpg.fr> on 2003/03/15 19:50:10 UTC

PerlSendHeader On

Hi,
I am quite desperately trying to get mod_perl working.
I continue to get returned the source-code. Searching the doc and faqs
it looks as if I should turn on PerlSendHeader. But that's already done!
Also ExecCGI should be activated for the location.
In summary:
http://foot/cgi-bin/test.pl works
http://foot/cgi-perl/test.pl DOESN'T

Here's my VirtualHost section:
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
  User holm
  Group users
  ServerName foot
  LogLevel debug
  DocumentRoot /var/www/foot/httpdocs
  ServerAdmin holm@machine
  ErrorLog /var/log/apache/foot-error.log
  TransferLog /var/log/apache/foot-access.log
  Alias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/foot/cgi-bin/
  Alias /cgi-perl/ /var/www/foot/cgi-bin/
  PerlModule Apache::PerlRun
  <Location /cgi-perl>
#    deny from all
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
    Options ExecCGI
    PerlSendHeader On
  </Location>
  <Location /cgi-bin>
    SetHandler cgi-script
    Options ExecCGI
  </Location>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
  php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/foot/httpdocs/
</VirtualHost>

Anyone can help me out with this???
Cheers,
Bleicke

Re: PerlSendHeader On

Posted by Bleicke Holm <ho...@icp.inpg.fr>.
On Thursday 20 March 2003 17:29, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> [ Please keep it on the list ... ]
>
> Bleicke Holm wrote:
> > [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [notice] Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux
> > PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26 mod_perl/1.26 configured -- resuming normal
> > operations [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled
> > (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache/suexec)
> > [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [info] Server built: Nov  5 2002 06:43:12
> > [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default:
> > sysvsem)
> >
> > Looks OK to me...
>
> It should not show mod_perl/1.26 twice in that line.
>
> - Perrin

Sorry for not answering earlier. I haven't had time to look into it during
the last weeks.
Thanks, Perrin. That was it: I am using apache-perl on a Debian system and
activated also the LoadModule mod_perl line in httpd.conf. I shouldn't have
done that... Now my scripts run through PerlRun (slower than in cgi-mode but
that's another problem...) Once again: thanks for your help.

Bleicke

Re: PerlSendHeader On

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
[ Please keep it on the list ... ]

Bleicke Holm wrote:
> [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [notice] Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux
> PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26 mod_perl/1.26 configured -- resuming normal operations
> [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
> /usr/lib/apache/suexec)
> [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [info] Server built: Nov  5 2002 06:43:12
> [Thu Mar 20 11:16:40 2003] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
>
> Looks OK to me...

It should not show mod_perl/1.26 twice in that line.

>>What happens if you just take your working cgi-bin part and change the
>>SetHandler and add PerlHandler so it runs through mod_perl?
>
> It doesn't work anymore...
> (I added PerlSendHeader On, too)

Do you have any ScriptAlias statements in your conf file?  Have you
tried changing from "Options ExecCGI" to "Options +ExecCGI"?

I think you should try to strip down the conf file as far as you
possibly can and then post the whole thing here.  There may be something
else that you defined somewhere which is interfering with mod_perl.

- Perrin

Re: PerlSendHeader On

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Bleicke Holm wrote:
>>Also, make sure that mod_perl is actually running by checking the
>>error_log as described in the docs.
>>
> For the time being there is no error message at all dans the error_log.

I was actually referring to this:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_is_running_

Re: PerlSendHeader On

Posted by Bleicke Holm <ho...@icp.inpg.fr>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:

> Bleicke Holm wrote:
> > I continue to get returned the source-code. Searching the doc and
faqs
> > it looks as if I should turn on PerlSendHeader. But that's already done!
>
> Make sure the file is executable by the user that the server is running
> as.

I've checked that one. It was world-executable. To be sure I changed the
user that the server is running as to the one owning the test script and
the directory it lives in. No go! A parent directory actually was a
symlink, I've changed that, too: still no way...

> Also, make sure that mod_perl is actually running by checking the
> error_log as described in the docs.

For the time being there is no error message at all dans the error_log.
I'll try and see if I can get things more verbose.

Thanks for your answer anyway,
Bleicke

Re: PerlSendHeader On

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Bleicke Holm wrote:
> I am quite desperately trying to get mod_perl working.
> I continue to get returned the source-code. Searching the doc and faqs
> it looks as if I should turn on PerlSendHeader. But that's already done!

Make sure the file is executable by the user that the server is running
as.  Also, make sure that mod_perl is actually running by checking the