Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by sweta Das <sw...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/28 17:41:26 UTC

Documentation for Mesos On windows

Hi

Is there any other documentation than the one on mesos site
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/windows/

I was able to build mesos on AWS on an windows 2016 server. But I am not able to find any docs for starting the mesos master on windows?
I understand that this is not recommended as of now, but for testing can anyone tell how can i start a master on windows?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Documentation for Mesos On windows

Posted by Andrew Schwartzmeyer <an...@schwartzmeyer.com>.
 Hi sweta Das,

The mesos-master executable is not currently built on Windows. We're
waiting for leveldb to be ported to Windows to enable it
(https://github.com/google/leveldb/issues/519); however, most of the
code works anyway (as evidenced by `StartMaster()` in unit tests etc.).

If you'd like to try to build it, you can edit this code
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/5574681ddc7e053fd33c074023ff317394f6449c/src/master/CMakeLists.txt#L18
and remove the "NOT WIN32" guard around compiling the executable. I
can't promise it'll work though, I haven't yet gotten to try it.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Andy

On 11/29/2017 6:34 pm, Benjamin Mahler wrote:

> +Andrew
>
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 5:41 PM, sweta Das <sw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there any other documentation than the one on mesos site
>> http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/windows/ [1]
>>
>> I was able to build mesos on AWS on an windows 2016 server. But I am not able to find any docs for starting the mesos master on windows?
>> I understand that this is not recommended as of now, but for testing can anyone tell how can i start a master on windows?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Links:
------
[1] http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/windows/