Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com> on 2013/08/28 23:37:31 UTC

Building comphelper

While build AOO 4.0, the build fails in module comphelper.  It seems to be complaining about the boost/integer_fwd file.

/usr/local/include/boost/integer_fwd.hpp line 137, Error: Illegal value for template parameter.
/usr/local/include/boost/integer_fwd.hpp line 137, Error: Cannot use class specialization with non-classes.

integer_fwd.cpp contains the following on line 136 and 137:

136: template <  >
137:        struct low_bits_mask_t< ::std::numeric_limits<unsigned char>::digits>;

Any ideas? Has anyone run into this before.

Raymond

Re: Building comphelper

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 28.08.2013 23:37, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> While build AOO 4.0, the build fails in module comphelper.  It seems to be complaining about the boost/integer_fwd file.
>
> /usr/local/include/boost/integer_fwd.hpp line 137, Error: Illegal value for template parameter.
> /usr/local/include/boost/integer_fwd.hpp line 137, Error: Cannot use class specialization with non-classes.
>
> integer_fwd.cpp contains the following on line 136 and 137:
>
> 136: template <  >
> 137:        struct low_bits_mask_t< ::std::numeric_limits<unsigned char>::digits>;
>

> Any ideas? Has anyone run into this before.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-937 might have to do with
this. It mentions a compiler bug 6703971 but that doesn't seem to be
available any more. I suggest to update the compiler to its latest patch
level.

Of course it would also interesting to know what type
      ::std::numeric_limits<unsigned char>::digits
on that platform. The error message looks as if this was not an integer
but a class. The C++ spec requires that the type should be an int.
Please check the <limits> include file.

Herbert

Re: Building comphelper

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@alice.de>.