Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vinay Kumar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/17 19:02:13 UTC

log.retention.bytes not working

Hi,
I have the same problem mentioned here by Neha. Attached the comment.

https://grokbase.com/t/kafka/users/138hje002v/questtion-about-log-retention-bytes

Can someone please provide how effectively to impose the retention for all
topics.

Re: log.retention.bytes not working

Posted by Thameem Ansari <th...@gmail.com>.
To reliably delete the logs you have to follow this.

In Kafka server.properties set the following properties (adjust per your need)
log.segment.bytes=10485760
log.retention.check.interval.ms=120000
log.retention.ms=600000

I believe the documentation should be clear enough to explain the priority of these parameters.

Thanks.

Posted by Vinay Kumar <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinay Kumar <vi...@gmail.com>.