Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sam wang <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/06 09:35:59 UTC

how to implement "context persistent" within AXIS

Hi, there,

I have a question about how to implement context
persistence or context management in web service,
mainly about AXIS. in my application, sometime the
middle result is very large, so I prefer to store it
in a file or database, and then the same call can take
advantage of this session information when it access
my service later.

in Axis, there seems two ways about context
management. one is cookies and another is soap header.
but both of them seem not suitable to store large data
for a very long time. it seems to me they are just
used to store some very short information and identify
client.

as for tomcat, it provides a way to manage "context
persistent". the admin can specify what kind of medium
to store, plain file or database. but I don't know if
I can incorporate this tomcat's technology into my web
service application that use AXIS tool. if I can, how?

I will greatly appreciate if you can give me any hint
or some link to relevant articles!

best wishes!
Sammy

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.