Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/03 12:59:43 UTC

modules that register hooks after the register_hooks call-back is finished

is this a normal idiom?  is there a point prior to normal request
processing where it is safe to walk through the hooks to figure stuff
out?  should we document that register_hooks is the one place to do
that?

Re: modules that register hooks after the register_hooks call-back is finished

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 06:59:43 -0500, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is this a normal idiom?  is there a point prior to normal request
> processing where it is safe to walk through the hooks to figure stuff
> out?  should we document that register_hooks is the one place to do
> that?

assert(Modules can't register hooks after apr_hooks_sort() has been
called.  So hook registration does need to be limited to the
register-hooks call-back.  Any module that behaves otherwise is going
to cause undefined behavior.)