Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Deepa Devanathan <De...@caritor.com> on 2005/10/21 14:20:15 UTC

filtering search results based on language

Hi,

I am a newbie to Nutch .. need some help with my search results ..

I have a common index for some english as well as french htmls .. I read
on the mail archives that
1. by activating the language identifier plugin in nutch-default.xml and
2. adding the advisory attribute lang:fr to the query, I can filter out
results from my french pages alone.

I have done these but still am not able to filter the results . My search
page now looks like :

Search for "mail lang:fr" returned 0 results .

is this an indicator that the lang:fr has not been recognized ?

Am i to add any other attributes in the French htmls ? like a language
attrib ?If so what ?

Please help.

Thanks :),
Deepa