Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Joe Mihalich <jm...@questerra.com> on 2002/11/07 23:19:56 UTC

Overlapping Polygons

               Hi, I'm having a problem with an overlapping polygon and
I'm
		Not sure whether its an SVG issue or a Batik rendering
issue.

               Suppose I draw a polygon (In SVG) shaped like a star,
where
		the lines Overlap, causing a hole in the middle of the
star.  On 		Windows, When I draw that star using GDI, the
system clips
		around that Hole and doesn't draw there.  However, the
SVG
		representation Of that same polygon causes batik to not
clip
		around the Hole and the entire inner part of the star
gets
		filled.

                So, my questions is, is SVG the limiting factor here or
		Is batik not filling it properly?  I can't seem to find
any
	      Attribute that might change the filling algorithm on
polygons
		in SVG.

            Thanks,
            Joe