Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stephen Bartell <sn...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 08:29:00 UTC

hooking into _stats

Hi guys!

Is there any documentation somewhere describing how to hook into the _stats?

Thanks

Re: hooking into _stats

Posted by Stephen Bartell <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alexander,  in general, I think its a good to know how to utilize stats if devs need to. For example, couch has the daemon feature and that feature is outlined pretty well.  But there are no docs on how to gets any status out of those daemons aside from logging to the main couch log.

For the problem I'm solving, some of my databases end up in a state where there are too many conflicts, or _deleted_conflicts for replication to work.  This grinds couchdb to a halt.  So I have a custom replicator which does not replicate conflict related data.  This is how I repair my databases.  I would like to hook that into the stats reports, just like how the standard replicator hooks into stats.

Best,

Re: hooking into _stats

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen