Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/03/04 23:11:17 UTC

[4.4] Root volume resize for XenServer

Hello,

Would someone be interested in this for Xenserver? Would be a valuable
feature for all hypervisors.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6181?focusedCommentId=13918796&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13918796
(point 6)

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: [4.4] Root volume resize for XenServer

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
If no one picks it up for Xen, I should be able to look into it. Problem is
it might have to be after Feature Freeze if that's just in two weeks.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
*(tm)*

Re: [4.4] Root volume resize for XenServer

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.
resizeVolume has been extended to work with root disks. If
resizeVolume works on XenServer (which I believe it does), then it
should just work.

Also, if someone looks at the CopyCommand for CitrixResourceBase (or
whatever handles the storage commands for Xen now) that is used to
create new disks from templates, you can just leverage the
VolumeObjectTO's size when you create a root disk, rather than the
template size, and you should have support for the
deployVirtualMachine rootdisksize parameter.