Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2003/09/04 16:39:45 UTC

Updating properties listed in online guide

There are a couple properties that I found useful to use in my own plugin.
I have a plugin that I want to generate meta information for all classes
compiled.  I conveniently added postGoal entries for "test:compile" and
"java:compile".  The properties I needed to leverage were:

maven.compile.src.set -> the set of Java Source directories
maven.build.dest -> already documented
maven.test.compile.src.set -> the set of Java Test Source directories
maven.test.dest -> the destination where test classes go

As you can see--only one of those properties is documented in the online
guide.  It would be beneficial to at *least* have the maven.test.dest
directory spelled out.  If there are preferred ways of specifying the
Java source directory and the Java test source directories over what I
dug up, I would be very happy to know what they are (there were none
documented.  The maven.build.src is the root of all the source folders,
not just the src/java folder.).

Re: Updating properties listed in online guide

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> I suppose so, but there are essentially two places:
> a) maven core properties (as per the user guide), or
> b) the plugin that provides that functionality.
>

> Would a page like this
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/index.html
> help if there were more detail, or are you after fundamentally different
> details?

Its a step in the right direction.  Perhaps what would be most
beneficial is something that would map the property names to the
plugin--or at least just have a global list of all the properties.

Re: Updating properties listed in online guide

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Yep,

we'd need the ability to override the multiproject overview template, but
personally I think it's a great idea.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net>.